Nowadays, device design is strongly focused on improving user experience. Together with good design practices, the introduction of visual cues (e.g. screens and LEDs) and device connectivity are excellent tools to offer users a better overall experience.
These smart and connected devices have one key characteristic in common: they need energy. In almost every case, particularly for disposables, button cell batteries are used to provide the energy storage solution.
This traditional technology presents a number of limitations across the product life cycle, from design to disposal. This translates into compromised solutions and, in some cases, it limits the scope of the product.
BlueThink has developed a new concept of battery to suit the growing need for energy storage in disposable devices. The unique characteristics of this energy storage solution make it ideal for both new and existing devices across a number of sectors.
- Truly disposable:There is no need to remove the battery after using the device to dispose of it, thus enhancing the user experience and reducing the design effort. This includes devices that require incineration after use.
- Low-Cost:The use of widely available materials and high-volume manufacturing techniques results in a very competitive unit cost.
- Long Shelf-life:By activating the battery at point of use, it performs as expected, regardless of storage time.
- Customizable:Both physical and electrical characteristics can be tailored to specific applications, making its integration in products simpler and more efficient.
- Safe:This battery technology presents no fire or explosion risk. Furthermore, it is not toxic for people or the environment.
- Unrestricted shipping:Unlike technologies like Lithium-ion, this innovative battery can be shipped without restrictions as it doesn’t present fire or explosion risks.
Integrating this battery into a disposable device is a cost-effective solution to improve user interaction and add connectivity.
A small amount of energy can make a big difference in a disposable device, especially when it doesn’t compromise the user experience, safety or sustainability.